Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:19:34 -0500
Sender: owner-list@ifwp.org
From: (Esther Dyson) <edyson@edventure.com>
To: list@ifwp.org
Subject: Re: [IFWP] Esther Dyson's reply

In practical terms, I don't think a "global" vote makes sense. A vote of
people worldwide, yes, but only of interested parties who know what they
are
voting about.  yes, I know, who decides? maybe we should have a global vote
on that! (just kidding!)  it should organize bottom-up, Better yet where
possible are global markets, where people get to choose for themselves
without imposing their choices on others.

esther

Esther Dyson                    Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800    --  1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org

PC Forum: 12 to 15 March 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book:  "Release 2.1: A design for living in the digital age"
High-Tech Forum in Europe: October 2000, where would you like it?
Barcelona, Edinburgh, Istanbul, other?

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934