[wg-c] Re: Proprietary TLDs (was: scope and TLDs)

Milt,

Since you've a preference for "Proprietary TLDs" as the subject line,
lets go with that.

Your follow-up to #2 is that:
	a) Postel created Crown Soverignty or
	b) that ICANN slipped on a 501(c)(3) bannana peel and became an
	   International Treaty body, or
	c) the public ought to comment more carefully?
Please clarify.

Your follow-up to #3 revisits methodological grounds. One view holds that
nothing can be done until some predicate condition has been satisfied,
usually cast as some exhaustive framework or contract, at which point no
discretion may be exercised by ICANN.

Feel free to advance the thesis that they may not actually know anything,
nor exercise judgement on anything in the registry delegation domian to
the NC and Board, along with the caveat that they can refrain from that
as well until they've a general framework and contactual boilerplate, and
suggest to them when the predicate condition might be satisfied.

Remind them that they actually may not try anything until your conditions
have been met.

Your follow-up to #4 is a bit of linguistic black ice. The agreement we
refer to by "6-10" isn't artifice, though any particular number to which
we agree is. The controlling constraint is lack of a TLD, not an excess
of them, and we are confident of operation "by induction" as both ICANN
and Indigenous DNS operator bodies mature.

Sign B? You must have missed my long-form critique of your opus. Not to
put too fine a point on it, I think it is the work of an idiot, and the
lure of fools. I think you've asked me one too often to join your little
parade.

Your follow-up to #5 revisits #2, as your original comments did, without
significant improvement. Asked and answered. If a ccTLD were available,
none of this humorous exchange would be necessary, we'd already have it.

We can pass on #6, as on #1.

Your follow-up to #7 revisits #3 above.

Have another swing. You may want to ask someone other than yourself if
delegations are property, or you can walk that line of critical thinking
to some elaborate conclusion, but I don't think that is the issue.

Cheers,
Eric