Re: [wg-c] proprietary TLDs

On 26-Nov-99 Kent Crispin wrote:
> There is a significant distinction between delegating a domain to
> well-established representatives of a very large community, and
> delegating a domain to a private individual or a private corporation
> for the purpose of their private exploitation.

Oh no you don't.  You WILL NOT get away with this one.  You don't try and
set a single structure for all TLDs, and then declare that certain ones are
"exceptions" and get treated differently.

Of course, the fact remains that regulation MUST take the path of the
MINIMUM RESTRICTION to solve the addressed concerns.  And so far that
remains that all TLDs operate under a set of contractual requirements that
address the areas of concern.  You can't use the USG/NSI contract to say
contracts don't work, you know perfectly well that that contract was WAY
too ambigious.  We learn from past mistakes made.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934