RE: [wg-c-2] Preliminaries

My 2cts contribution.

As I'm travelleing a lot at this time I did not have time to elaborate a
deep analysis of the problem, but I will try to put here a list of the
points we should focus on, and could be a basis to develop the draft
document. And we can develop later on each points deeper, and add or remove
points.

I would like to divide the process in tree major areas:

I) People
 1.1 Customer service

 1.2 Technical support
     1.2.1 Hot line for registrars
     1.2.2 Hot line for customers

II) Hardware/Room
 2.1 Computers
  2.1.1 The SRS server
  2.1.2 The DNS
  2.1.3 The Control Center

 2.2 Connectivity
  2.2.1 With the registrars
  2.2.2 With the DNS

 2.3 Backup system
  2.3.1 Storage
  2.3.2 Procedure

 2.4 Power supply backup system

 2.5 Security
  2.5.1 Against natural events
  2.5.2 Against unauthorized intrusion

III) Sotfware
 3.1 The SRS Database
 3.2 The Update procedure of the Zone files
 3.3 The WHOis Server
 3.4 The Data Escrow
 3.5 Security

I hope this could be use as a bootstrop for the WG-C 2
And feel free to add points or remove points you're thinking they are not
relevant for our work.
I hope to be able as soon I will be in my office to go deeper in the
different areas.

Jean-Michel Bécar
E.T.S.I.