Re: [wg-c-1] Next question: Which gTLDs? How many?

> I personally think that it should be the community to choose. Otherwise
all
> new gTLDs would only be oriented to "be sold" and not to serve the
> community. gTLDs such as ".arts" which may add much more richness to the
> name space will not be added, because others may bring in more money.

If this is so, then why has Jason Hendeless been spending the past 2
years (and considerable money) to secure a trademark for .arts so that
he can run that registry?

> There is a proposal on the table for 7 new gTLDs. It was a list that was
> reached after long public consultation.

What public consultation? I participated in the IAHC process, and it
was the usual suspects involved, not the public.

> .firm .info .web .arts .rec .nom .shop

I'm sorry, .web is a trademark of Image Online Design, Inc.

> Does anybody have other proposals or see things that could be changed on
> this one?

Scrap this one.

Create objective and fair criteria for registries and allow them to select
the
TLD that they will have to market and run.

Nobody tells Coca Cola the formula for their cola, and nobody tells
McDonald's what to put in their sauce. When was the last time that
the IAHC (International Ambassador Hamburger Control) told Jack
In The Box that they had to sell chicken sandwiches?

Wake up. Anything else is restraint of trade and is most likely
going to get ICANN in legal trouble (not to mention the DNSO).

Christopher