Re: [wg-c-1] Wecome to Drafting Committee 1

I agree. The first question is our threshold issue.

1.  Should there be new gTLDs?  If so, how many?

I suspect, however, that we may only be able to address the first part
of question #1 before we consider the substantive issue raised by Jon.
Implicitly, who or what should determine the number or ceiling on the
number of new gTLDs is a subset of the question: whether ICANN or the
"marketplace" should determine the name of the new gTLDs (if there are
any).  Consequently, the second part of question #1 should be addressed
when we consider the same substantive question raised by Jon.

--

Rod Dixon
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law