Re: [wg-c-1] WORK: Question #1 New GTLDs

Again, you're putting the cart before the horse.

You're picking a TLD and saying, "okay, who gets to run this?"

More appropriately, ask, "who gets to run a registry," and when
you've answered that, ask them, "which TLD would you feel you
could develop the best?"

Let the registry, who has to run and promote the TLD choose it.

If at any time a decision can be left to the registry that has to
deal with the consequences it should be done as such.

Who are we, the few members of this committee, to make such
decisions?

I won't even go into the fact that some TLDs already have
intellectual property protection. What if we choose .IBM as
the first TLD?

Let's not go there.
--
Christopher Ambler