[wg-c-1] consensus and the IP matter

So, after two weeks of discussions we seems to have a consensus that we are all in favour of the introduction of new gTLDs. Good.

Our task is to come up with recommendations. The first recommendation is therefore that new gTLDs should be added.

However, it would be irresponsible to stop there and let the "community" to decide on the other questions raised without at least the guidance of recommendations.

Whatever some of you propose, we can not (for example) ignore the IP issues. Therefore, no new gTLDs should be allowed until the Registry to handle that gTLD has developed and introduced a proper dispute resolution policy. This is a very important statement, otherwise we will only create new opportunities for cybersquatters.

To paraphrase Ivan: That would be like expanding the size of Northern Ireland before the existing problems are solved ;-)

// Petter Rindforth