Re: [wg-c-1] Wecome to Drafting Committee 1

WG-C Charter indicates that our mandate is to arrive at consensus on the
following questions;

1. Should there be new generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs)? If yes: How many?
Which? At which speed should they be deployed and in which order? What
should be the mechanism for developing new gTLDs after all these are
deployed. Should each new gTLD have a specific charter?

2. What should the registration and data maintenance process and regulation
be?.

3. How should the new gTLDs be managed? What should the registry(ies) be
like? Is it mandatory to have a new registry(ies)? Why? Does the structure
proposed comply with worldwide concepts of anti-trust law? What information
should be made public by the registry(ies) and how? Obligations of the
registry(ies).

Therefore it is completely reasonable for DC-1 to discuss and advise on what
the general consensus is on the questions raised in Javier's initial message
concerning our proposed direction.

With all respect, might I suggest that there are likely more suitable forums
to discuss the issues which are so clearly important to you.

-RWR