Re: [wg-b] Brand Names That Are Not Allowed To Be Used InAdvertising

"Permitting trademark law to trump free expression also gives domain name
registrars the de facto right to reject or cancel
any domain name at any time, with or without reason--a clear violation of
due process."
		--Shari Steele, EFF (Nov 6, 1998)

I think we are arguing in the wrong venue.  Nothing we say here will make a
whit of difference.  Everyone on this list should join the DNRC (Domain
Name Rights Coalition) and give it more leverage to take these issues past
ICANN directly to Congresscritters.  This is, after all, an election year,
and politics is process.

John Berryhill wrote:

>I think you have something there, Ms. Aguilar.
>
>Why, I recently read that America Online is selling the domain name
>aol.com to Time Warner for quite a bit of money.

Ellen Rony                    //          http://www.domainhandbook.com
Co-author                  *="  ____ /            erony@marin.k12.ca.us
The Domain Name Handbook      \     )                  +1  415.435.5010
                              //   \\             "Carpe canine"

          The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.