Re: [wg-b] Re: Fw: Unfamous Names...

At 18:34 08.04.2000 +0200, Mark Measday wrote:
>In conclusion, the more the merrier. I'd still like an account from Harald
>as to what happened in the official WIPO process, though, which might
>prevent any waste of time.
My note is still on http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/wiponote.html

The only relevant part of the process was the part of the last meeting in
Geneva, which I unfortunately had to leave to catch a plane.

It was quite clear to me after that meeting that:

- Strong pressure had been brought to bear upon WIPO to enshrine famous marks
   protection within its report
- The WIPO people, like almost everyone else, didn't like the idea.

Michael Froomkin is in a better position to tell you more.

               Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no