RE: [wg-b] Setting the Record Straight

Timothy, I didn't ask why or how Mr. Palage came to know this information.

I asked why, less as chairman and more as a valued expert, he didn't reveal
the basis for certain positions he presented to the working group
responsible for evaluating those positions.

I'm a firm believer in "consider the source," and have always respected and
therefore carefully considered, Mr. Palage's points of view.

To discover he is now speaking with a knife to his back compromises those
points of view.

Do not misunderstand.  I don't mean to disparage Mr. Palage - I thought his
candor at the SBA meeting quite admirable, and in keeping with the honorable
way I perceive him to lead and participate in this working group.

He chose to persuade the SBA Office of Advocacy and the meeting participants
to accept the tm lobby's position, by explaining what would happen if they
don't.  Ugly perhaps, but brutally honest.

But he's suggesting here that we accept the tm lobby's position by
presenting it instead as his own, granting it *his* substantial credibility,
without explaining why he holds that position (in this case, quite pertinent
to evaluating it), and without explaining his very real concerns for threats
to internet stability if the position is rejected.

And that's not sitting right with me.

Judith Oppenheimer

800 & Dot Com News, Intelligence, Consulting – FREE Daily HeadsUp Headlines.
"...superb real-time source..." –– "...invaluable..." ––
"...indispensable..."
http://ICBTollFree.com –– http://1800TheExpert.com ––  (U.S.) 1 800 The
Expert
Judith Oppenheimer –– mailto:joppenheimer@icbtollfree.com ––  +1 212