Re: [wg-b] newyorkyankees.com suit

I don't seen any issue in this yankees brouhaha at all.

The Yankees have two perfectly good remedies: the UDRP and the US
cybersquatting law that they in fact sued under.

(I won't pause to consider the implications of the fact that they are
availing themselves of the new cybersquatting law instead of the UDRP.)

If the fan is misusing the name, or the Yanks are considered famous enough
to suffer from dilution, they'll get it. If not, they won't. Only facts can
decide such a case.

I see no need for ICANN to worry about whether the name is famous, much less
globally famous.

I see no issue for ICANN here at all.