[wg-b] Points of agreement

It seems universally agreed that:

- Famous marks are not defined to the point where one can make a list of them.
   Existence proof: The list doesn't exist.

- Exclusions have to be applied mechanically, or they would
   a) increase the cost of registrations by requiring human judgment
   b) unacceptably increase the liability of registrars/registries

- Exclusions of all instances of a famous mark as a substring in a domain
   name will exclude names that a court would not uphold the exclusion of.
   (existence point: tenNISSANdiego. Example point: i-hate-oreos)

If these 3 points are agreed, I think we're moving slightly forward.

                                Harald A

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no