Re: [wg-b] Bounced Posting From Mark Measday (re-submitted)

Thank you for reposting this comment, Mike.

As a matter of interest of one hundred large cap European companies chosen at
random, approximately 20% had implemented strategies to contain domain name
speculation or mistaken identity in their mark which included mass purchase of
ccTLDs. Given the costs of this, any hurdle rate for famous marks could be set
below the opportunity cost of such activity, i.e. some figure such as $50,000 and
you should find buyers.

On the question of a specific gTLD for famous marks, I don't see why any
commercial famousmark is interested in changing to .fame, as the specific mark
would then be available for use in all other gTLDs and ccTLDs.

Could someone correct me on the question below that thr WIPO SCT finds the
international treaty injunctions for preservation of individual personality
logically prior to trademark claims, implying that if Mr Morris, Philip has enough
money (an important proviso) he should be able to reclaim some personal identity
on the net from the food and healthcare company. This might be important if
personal IP becomes a reality, but is probably a misunderstanding.

MM