RE: [wg-b] Famous Third-Level Domains

This brings us into new territory. Previously, third-level domains were
considered immune and I believe case-law supported this, at least partially.
There were only a few third-level registries (ie. ML.ORG). Your statement
encompasses those registries, as registry and registrant are then two
different entities. Once we do this, we are also talking fifth-level and
onwards. Is this the intent?

The main problem, as I see it, is the case where they are the same entity. I
could declare WWW.IBM.MHSC.NET, in my zone file. I do not understand where
this is different, regardless of whether registrar and registrant are the
same or not.

I am not sure that I like where this is going, but let's define the
territory anyway. I, of course, also ask the ever present question "how can
a registry perform such filtering and NOT be wide-open to litigation?"