RE: [wg-b] Re: ICANN's Mandate

This is exactly my point Esther. There is no compulsion for a registry to
signup with ICANN. If they don't, then such exclusions are not binding for
the simple reason that there is no contract. ICANN had a special leverage
over NSI, due to the nature of the NSI contract with DOC and then only
because the DOC cooperated with ICANN. Other registries, such as WEB and
SuperRoot, are under no such compulsion and ICANN has substantially less
leverage.