[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [wg-b] Preliminary Questions
At 16:33 01.09.99 -0500, eileen kent wrote:
>When you talk about "Nikes" you're talking about shoes.
unless you are talking about:
- obsolete surface-to-air missiles, immortalized at www.nikemissile.org
- hydraulic systems (NIKE Hydraulics has been in business since 1924;
- a computing centre in the UK (www.nikedatacentre.demon.co.uk)
This little list shows two things:
- Famousness doesn't mean exclusive rights to the name.
- There exist an infinite number of ways a name can be embedded in a
domain name. Registering every name is impossible.
My personal opinions at http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/wiponote.html
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway