Re: [wg-b] Japanese Sunrise Program

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 11:44:58AM -0400, Michael D. Palage wrote:
> Dear (former) WG-B Members:
>
> I think this article shows that despite all the criticisms about the Sunrise
> Program it was the best solution available.

I think that article shows that some of the registrars are buckling
under the campaign of FUD that the IP Constituency started once the
new TLD applications were revealed, and possibly also underscores some
back-room agreements made between registrars and the IP Constituency.

In short, I think there's a whole lot left unsaid both in your email
and that article.  Although I cannot say with certainty that the
author of the article was aware of the mailings sent out to the
registrars after the announcement of the new TLD applications by the
IP Constituency, attempting to scare them into implementing the
measures many of us fought so hard against in this WG, I'm confident
that you were aware of it.

--
Mark C. Langston