RE: [wg-b] Just a thought

Michael, this is the October '99 ballot.

Question one asks constituency, question two asks region of citizenship.

 QUESTION #3
 [Please select ONE of the options listed below]
 [x] Option A - Some type of mechanism, yet to be determined, is necessary
in
 connection with famous trademarks and the operation of the Domain Name
 System.
 [] Option B - ICANN should not implement any mechanism for the protection
of
 famous marks, because other mechanisms are adequate
 [] Option C - ICANN should not implement any mechanism for the protection
of
 famous marks, because it exceeds the scope of ICANN's authority
 [] Option D - Both Option B & C
 [] Option E - I choose to abstain from the voting process at this time

I see no option here that extends the discussion or protection, beyond
famous marks.

Judith