Re: [wg-b] An idea?

At 12:11 14-05-2000 -0400, Michael D. Palage wrote:
><snip>
>  I think it offers an interesting idea that was never considered.  I
> would like to hear any "constructive" feedback that people have on this idea.
>
>Temporarily Modified UDRP During the Rollout of a New Top-Level Domain Name
>
>Any new top-level domain would be added to the root with no preferential
>pre-registration rights. However, in those top-level domains where
>additional trademark protection would be deemed necessary to thwart abusive
>bad faith registration, a modified UDRP would apply for a limited time
>period, say 30 to 60 days.

Dear Michael:

While I agree it is a new concept, to a degree it was anticipated by the
IAHC.  The original concept was for a 60 day waiting period before *any*
new SLD/gTLD would be delegated.  That caused a great uproar in the
Internet community.  It was softened to a voluntary 60 day delay.  However,
the registrant would be disadvantaged in case the registration was
challenged if he/she had refused the voluntary 60 day delay.

I like your proposal.

Regards, BobC, who still likes the X, Y, Z proposal.