Re: [wg-b] WG-B Report

To WG-B:
The WG-B Report is now on public notice.  [See the DNSO website and follow
links to the ICANN public notice.]  The ICANN Staff and initially the Names
Council wanted to move forward without the WG-B Report, and without taking
full account of the critical comments we all will be submitting about it over
the next two weeks.

Philip and I were able to slow things down a bit.  We worked extremely hard
to change the resolution of the Names Council to reflect the Formal WG-B,
just submitted, its consensus points which balance IP and Noncommercial
Rights, and the need for full and fair attention to the upcoming comments.
We were not fully successful, but we did make major changes.

The ball is now in YOUR court.  ICANN Staff is moving forward, but a strong,
clear message must (by reasons of clear and transparent procedure) be heard.
The more people who band together to write comments about the WG-B report,
who propose both criticism and constructive comments, and who help with
writing definitions (such as defining commercial and noncommercial gTLDs),
the more likely it is our voice will be heard by those who are drafting the
final version of the policies.

Kathryn Kleiman