RE: [wg-b] me thinks thou dost protect too much ...

Mallesons Stephen Jaques
Confidential communication

Milton Mueller wrote:

>Based on real statistics

>We don't have ten thousand disputes per million names.

>After three months of UDRP, we have exactly 577 disputed names.

I guess I can only offer an ad hoc or qualitative insight on this test: for
just one of my clients I am currently running at about 20 to 30
cybersquatting disputes for each one that gets as far as the ICANN UDRP.
For another client,  we are running about 10 disputes for each one that gets
as far as ICANN (taking into account the ICANN complaints being prepared).

Unfortunately, almost all of these names have been registered since June
1999.

Warwick A Rothnie
Partner
Mallesons Stephen Jaques Melbourne