[wg-b] me thinks thou dost protect too much ...

Title:

According to this at http://nsol.com/statistics/fun/fun.html, fewer than 1% of domain name registrants purchase "cybersquatter"-level volumes of domain names.

And we know that many of those in that fewer-than-1% category, are themselves trademark-owning large corporations.

Which means the career "cybersquatter" element so hysterically denounced by tm-ers is merely a fraction of that fewer-than-1% of people purchasing domain names.

Ergo, is the tm lobby not getting far too much policy attention and preference, relative to this truly insignificant degree of potential conflict?

How Many Domain Names
Do People Register?

How many domain names do people register?