Re: [wg-b] famous names

--- "John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D."
<john@johnberryhill.com> wrote:
> > Add to that the commonality with linguistic
> > experience--the address becomes a clearer mode of
> > signalling for both the provider & the consumer.
>
> Particularly if they both speak English.  Otherwise
> such a taxonomy is so
> much gibberish to the majority of people in the
> world.

--- "John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D."
<john@johnberryhill.com> wrote:
> > Add to that the commonality with linguistic
> > experience--the address becomes a clearer mode of
> > signalling for both the provider & the consumer.
>
> Particularly if they both speak English.  Otherwise
> such a taxonomy is so
> much gibberish to the majority of people in the
> world.

I didn't mean to imply that tags had to be limited to
English.  For example, I believe that the .union
proposal contemplates foreign language corollaries,
such as .syn.  Applying the same principle across
semantic systems multiplies registration possibilities
& makes the overall network of names that much more
accessible to the intended constituencies.