[wg-b] Re: Setting the Record Straight

>Not all interested parties are represented by, nor participate in, the
>constituency structure.  The point of the working group model is to
>ensure fair and equitable participation by _everyone_.  If there were
>issues to be decided, the decision process should have occurred within
>the working group, in the light of day, where everyone could
>participate and a record could be kept.

Please note also that not all constituencies are fairly
representative.  For example, the TM constituency consists of only
one TM/copyright interest with full voting privileges.  Dissenting
views are often drowned out, not taken into account, etc.  Often
times, as with this particular report, the "membership" of the
constituency, to my knowledge, was not consulted, a vote was not
asked for, etc.