RE: [wg-b] .UNION Top-level domain name

I don't want to violate the "messages per day" rules for this list, but
I should answer this question by Marilyn Cade.

The labor union community is looking at the .union TLD, at fairly high
levels in some labor organizations, to see if they want to address the
rules for the use of this TLD, or to develop a registry proposal.  I
cannot speak for anyone in the union community, however, I could
characterize this as exploratory, but serious, at this point.  But I
would also much prefer to say this "off the record" at this time, if
that is possible on an internet list.   It might be possible to say a
little more in a couple of weeks.    I'm reluctant to say a lot at this
point, because it probably isn't helpful to say too much now.  However,
given the deadline for comments on WG-B, I probably have to say enough
to drive home the point that this is a real issue, and I don't think the
unions will be thrilled if ICANN proposes that only Boeing could use
boeing.union.

    Jamie

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Cade,Marilyn S - LGA wrote:

> May be a naive question, but are CWA, IBEW, et al, asking for a .union? If
> so, what are their thoughts? Marilyn Cade

James Love, Consumer Project on Technology
P.O. Box 19367        | http://www.cptech.org
Washington, DC 20036  | love@cptech.org
Voice 202/387-8030    | Fax 202/234-5176