Re: [wg-b] How would .fame work?

At 17:13 10.12.99 -0500, Milton Mueller wrote:

[Milton's got it right, so I'm not commenting]

> > so third parties would never register amazon.xxx to sell books?
>
>They might. (btw, Amazon sells a lot more than books.) But there are simple
>and effective remedies if they do.

what will happen is that someone registers amazon.warriors, and
Amazon(.com) comes out in full fighting gear saying "we're famous, and
here's our amazon.fame domain registration to prove it".

We need a system where a human decides, not a mechanism, in such cases.

                      Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no