		-----Original Message-----
		From:	Michael D. Palage [mailto:mpalage@infonetworks.com]
		Sent:	Thursday, October 21, 1999 5:25 AM
		To:	wg-b@dnso.org
		Subject:	[wg-b] FORMAL BALLOT No. 1
		Importance:	High

		Voting is scheduled to end on Monday midnight EST.
		Please do _not_ edit the ballot beyond indicating your
choice with an X in
		between the appropriate brackets "[]".
		QUESTION #1
		[Please identify the constituency group, if any, that you
are representing]
		[] ccTLD Constituency
		[] gTLD Constituency
		[] Registrars Constituency
		[] Intellectual Property Constituency
		[x] Commercial and Business Entities Constituency
		[] ISPs and Connectivity Providers
		[] Non-commercial Domain Name Holder Constituency
		[] I do not represent any Domain Name Supporting
Organization, I am
		participating in an individual capacity

		QUESTION #2
		[Please identify your region of citizenship (not residence)]
		[x] North America
		[] Asia/Australia/Pacific
		[] Europe
		[] Latin and S. America
		[] Latin America/Caribbean Islands
		[] Africa

		QUESTION #3
		[Please select ONE of the options listed below]
		[x] Option A - Some type of mechanism, yet to be determined,
is necessary in
		connection with famous trademarks and the operation of the
Domain Name
		System.
		[] Option B - ICANN should not implement any mechanism for
the protection of
		famous marks, because other mechanisms are adequate
		[] Option C - ICANN should not implement any mechanism for
the protection of
		famous marks, because it exceeds the scope of ICANN's
authority
		[] Option D - Both Option B & C
		[] Option E - I choose to abstain from the voting process at
this time

		COMMENTS IN CONNECTION WITH QUESTION #3:
		(Comments should be limited to 1 or 2 paragraphs)

		END OF BALLOT