Re: [wg-b] food for thought

This discussion is proceeding as if the alternative to famous marks
exclusions is pure court litigation. That is not correct.

We cannot lose sight of the fact that a Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy,
which ICANN is in the process of adopting, will give famous mark holders the
following:

a) accurate and complete contact info of all registrants
b) right to identify and challenge any registration that is identical to or
"confusingly" similar to their mark in a process that is much less expensive
and faster than the courts.

I don't see what exclusion adds to that process, except additional expense,
bureaucracy, and opportunities for abuse of domain name holders.

--
m i l t o n   m u e l l e r // m u e l l e r @ s y r . e d u
syracuse university          http://istweb.syr.edu/~mueller/