Re: [wg-b] "Oops" domains: La illah wa allah wa muhammad rasul buyuk....

Jonathan Cohen wrote:

> Excellent question!---any comment out there?
> Jonathan

Slightly off-topic. Tried coming up with a reasoned response to include fully the
linguistic accidents Mr Schwimmer alludes to and Harald's slightly hasty dismissal
of Japanese famous marks, one assumes there will not be many famous Norwegian marks
in Japan either.

However can I forward you this as a broader statement of a problem of which you
would have to take account: i.e. putative famous marks which are part of the normal
discourse of another language and vice versa. Example for theoretical examples sake,
semantics and references changed..

Subject: Re: [Re: Bizi niçin kimse duymuyor???]

ALLAH ASKINA YARDIMLARINIZI KENDINIZ ULASTIRINIZ. BURADA INSANLAR 6-7 GÜN
KUYRUKTA BEKLIYORLAR. VE CADIR ALAMIYORLAR. BIR EKIBINIZ YOK MU? BURADA
FELAKET GELIYORUM DIYOR. GELIN YARDIMLARINIZI ORGANIZE EDIN. INSANLARI TESBIT
EDIN. ÖZELLIKLE ÇADIR VE UYKU TULUMU BÜYÜK IHTIYAÇ. DAHA NASIL ANLATALIM.
DEVLET SAKARYA DA 2500 ÖLÜDEN BAHSEDIYOR. BURAYI BILEN BIRISI YOK MU? SEHIR
YERLER BIR OLMUS VE EN AZ 10,000 ÖLÜ VAR. NIÇIN BUNLAR SAKLANIYOR? ÇOCUKLAR
HASTA. ÖLECEKLER. SIZ MODERN BIR DÜNYADASINIZ ALLAH ASKINA GELIN BURAYI BIR
GÖRÜN. BURASI DÜNYANIN EN BÜYÜK VE GÖRÜLMEMIS BIR SAGLIK FELAKETINI
YASAYABILIR. VE BÜROKRASI KESINLIKLE FARKINDA DEGIL. BURAYA GELIN.

Interested in the relative merits of Buyuk.com, buyuk.plc.uk, buyuk.tr and their
putative famous marks, should they be respectively accorded in Paris Convention-like
fashion..

For this example, who is going to send what to whom from the proposed infringement
database? Who is in there? The first one to become amazon.buyuk.tld? Not that that
would be a bad thing.

However, it would seem to me that the home of buyuk.com as a famous mark is in
Turkey, as part of natural language prior to any commercial property considerations,
and the use of idiomatic Turkish expressions meaning 'famous engineering and leisure
company' in TLD strings should be passed to the appropriate authority before
approval..

Please correct me if it is a misconception.that, at the point that buyuk.tr, that
famous global Turkish engineering and leisure company,  attempts to register as a
famous mark (some wayaway), it will be able to demand that ukgames (the owner of
buyuk.com) return its appropriate domain?

That was attempting to apply the rules as I understood from your discourse. Have
they got it wrong?
begin:vcard
n:Measday;Mark
tel;cell:0044370947420
tel;fax:0033450209492
tel;work:0033450209492
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.josmarian.ch
org:Josmarian SA
version:2.1
email;internet:measday@josmarian.ch
title:Director
adr;quoted-printable:;;pa Reich & Zen-Ruffinen=0D=0A72 bd St Georges=0D=0A=0D=0A;Geneva;;CH-1205;Switzerland
fn:Mark Measday
end:vcard