[wg-a] 2nd try: AOLregister.com proposed DRP

Hi WG Aers,

[I am resending this mail, in text format, as the previous one with the Word
file has not reached the list. Is there any size limit for posting to the
list, Elisabeth?]

PSA mail form AOL/register.com proposing a model DRP or registrars.

Plese note that they have expressely requested that you don't send individual
comments on this DRP-.Please send your coments to me instead. I will
consolidate them and forwrad the whole thing to AOL/register.com (if you read
the mail you will understand why).

Just a few comments from my own.

* The proposed DRP is perfectly sound. This is not s surprise as it is an
adaption form wht WIPO has proposed.

* In this sense, the exerceises seems perfectly costly and unnecessary to me:
WIPO proposed DRP is still far superior to this new version

* Besides taking off the "famous tradmarks" part (and we all agree on this)
one of the olther few changes is that they adopt a "arbitration" language. But
it is rahter confusing: it is not mandatory; it does not prevent resort to
courts.... In my legal tradition this is NOT arbitration. But using the word
(worngly using it) might create some problems, as many legal systems are
rahter skeptical regarding arbitrtation on IPRs.

* Uniformity, even if all registrars adopted this DRP is difficult to ahieve.
As it is consolidation of similar claims agaisnt the same registrant (as the
policy clearly states that it is differnet and compeltely independnet form any
other registrar DRP).

* It fails to say anythign about implementation. And this is a crucial issue.

Besides that, what really worries me is that we ar now facing an effort to
re-write what has been done., I fai l ot see what improvement this DRP brigns
and the way it has ben rpesented )see message below) compromises the
likelihood that most registrars adopt it, also because it ahs been kept in
secret during over a month, desptie all of our efforts.

And, above all, remember that your role within this group is focusing in
providing answers to orur working questions. July 7 is approaching and we
REALLY need some extra energy. Don't spend much time on this lateral things,
please. I am sending it just FYI and to let all of you better understna what
is happening within the Registrars group.

Best regards,

Amaedu