Re: [question-b] Apologies, and homework

Randy Bush wrote:

Thanks Randy. Just one larification:

[..]

> given that we hope registries can be highly automated, made simpler,
> smaller, and maybe some day distributed, it seems to me that the registrar
> is the place one wants to play with policy.  Let the registry become a
> distributed database.

I failed to explain what I meant by "rtegistry-based". It is NOT that it
should be implemented by registries. Nobody vagours that, I think. Not by the
registrars, in fact. And we all agree that "implementation" goes thru the
contract registrants have to sign with "registrars" not registries. Waht I
menat is that it should be included within the conditions required to work
with a given registry to adopt this or that DRP, as they have to adopt this or
that RRP. In my view, both thigs should bterr be unifrom accross registries
tehmselves, but this is a diffent question.

My question here is whether we should ask each individual registrar to adopt a
given policy, unfirm for instnce, or it should be better imposed at the
registry level to ask the registrars tthat work with it. It also has a second
possbile implication: when a detrmination is made by a "third party aribtrtor
or whtever, who "implements it"? who makes the changes to the database? the
registrar or directly the registry?.

Best regards.

Amadeu