Re: [question-b] Apologies, and homework

> I failed to explain what I meant by "rtegistry-based". ...  What I menat
> is that it should be included within the conditions required to work with
> a given registry to adopt this or that DRP, as they have to adopt this or
> that RRP.

this has the possibly undesirable property that when we implement shared ==
distributed registries, then one can still have non-uniform policy in a
domain.

it may be clearer to say "uniform policy across a single gtld (or multiple
gtlds, or all tlds)."

> In my view, both thigs should better be unifrom accross registries
> themselves, but this is a diffent question.

i suspect what you really intend here is a globally uniform policy.  why
not just call it that?

> when a detrmination is made by a "third party aribtrtor or whtever, who
> "implements it"? who makes the changes to the database? the registrar or
> directly the registry?

i suggest that the registrar be the actor and the registry be merely a
database.  i suspect that you do not want strong registries because, until
the next big phase, when we distribute registries as well as registrars,
the registry monopoly issues remains.

randy