Re: [IFWP] Press Communiqué

On Fri, 4 Jun 99 22:10:45 -0400, "Bret A. Fausett" <baf@fausett.com>
wrote:

>I'm confused.
>
>I just re-read the ICANN Press Communiqué from Berlin.
>
>In the press release (written by the PR firm, not ICANN) is this sentence:
>
>  The Initial Board noted that a uniform dispute settlement
>  mechanism was a necessary element of a competitive
>  registrar system. The Initial Board noted that the
>  scope of this policy should be wider than the cases
>  of abusive registration with which the WIPO report
>  deals, and ultimately cover all commercial dispute
>  issues linked to Domain Name registrations.
>
>That last sentence is not in the Board's resolutions. What does it mean? Does it indeed represent a Board sentiment? Was that sentiment unanimous?
>
>Can someone who was in Berlin (or better yet, an ICANN Board member) shed some light on this?

Not to mention the HUGE difference between initial and interim.

It seems this board has dubbed itself Initial, and ignored their
mandate to restrict themselves to only absolutely necessary issues as
an Interim Board to seek the creation of an Initial Board.

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go crying
to every time you have something to whimper about.