Re: [dnso.discuss] Re: [IFWP] Re: Modifications to ICIIU Guidelines a nd NCDNHC definition

William and all,

William X. Walsh wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Jun 1999 13:54:09 +0100, Jeff Williams
> <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >  Than you will need to choose which constituency you wish to belong to.
> >This is the nature of a constituency model to be built within the DNSO.
> >I completely disagree with it, but the ICANN Interim Board decided to
> >act in Singapore otherwise against the grain of consensus.  Hence you
> >have a situation that is by design, divisive, as I and many others have
> >pointed
> >our before and just after the Singapore conference.  So, as I said you are
> >going to have to decide which side of the fence you are going to stand
> >from a personal and a professional standpoint under this scheme.  Hence
> >as I said, you either are going to be part of the non-commercial
> >constituency(S)
> >or you are not.  If not than again as I said the non-commercial constituency
> >
> >is none of your or my concern.
>
> Wrong again.  If my business entity wishes to join the commercial
> constituency, it is free to do so.  If my non-commercial entity wishes
> to join the non-commercial entity it is free to do so.  If me as an
> individual (who also owns a domain name used strictly for
> personal/family use) wants to join an individuals constituency, I am
> free to do so.

  Than you are engaging in a self defeating purpose and the purpose of
a constituency model of the DNSO.  Again the divisiveness continues...
And you are helping it to do so...

> And I won't even touch the part of the ISOC and multiple
> constituencies.  ICANN's current position there will not stand.  Mark
> my words.

  Likely true.  However I don't believe that ICANN will likely stand either.

> >  Oh, YOU feel, huh?  Well that is fine and dandy!  Than join the NCDNHC
> >and make your presence known, or formulate your own non-commercial
> >constituency and submit it to the ICANN and the DNSO for their approval.
> >But understand that when you do so that it is likely that you will not
> >be taken seriously as your and DNO.NET is not a non-commercial organization
> >as you will be viewed with a jaundice eye as will your formation of a
> >non-commercial constituency as you are going to be viewed as staking
> >a position that you are not really associated with...
> >

> It is DSO.NET, btw, and I am doing just that right now, letting my
> positions and presence be known, and discussing it on the appropriate
> forums for these discussions.  Unlike Michael, I'm not interested in
> being a leader of such a group, and would decline it even if asked.

  Don't worry about being ask William, it won't happen.

> So I won't presume to develop my own constituency plan for the NCDNHC.
> But I WILL presume to point out the flaws with the current structures
> that are under consideration.

  Do so and you will do so at you own expense or demise, unless
you have alternate suggestions to improve the NCDNHC, other than
Michaels possible leadership.

> ---
> You are subscribed to dnso.discuss as: [jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com]
> To unsubscribe, change your list options, or view archives go to:
> http://lists.association.org/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=dnso.discuss
> This list system donated by Lyris Technologies (http://www.lyris.com/).

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com