Re: [IFWP] Announcement of the new TLD Association (TLDA)

Roberto and all,

  The problem here Roberto is that the Accreditation Guidelines
(now known as the Accreditation Policy of ICANN) is not in line with the
White paper as well as has not been adequately approved by the
Stakeholder community.  The ICANN Interim Board took it upon itself
to set a policy (Accreditation Policy) in direct disagreement with known
Stakeholder desire, and without formal Stakeholder approval.  This
is why in the mid term or sooner these policies and practices al la
the old IANA cannot stand, and will be challenged in several different ways.
Again it is a matter of PROCESS....

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> William, Gene,
>
> William wrote:
>
> > There is NO possible justification for granted a seat in the registrar
> > constituency to each and every "subregistrar" of CORE, unless they are
> > willing to admit any and all subregistrars off the other registry
> > members as well.
> >
> > CORE gets one seat.  Or the definition must be broadened.
> >
> Believe it or not, we agree ;>).
>
> My suggestion was to build the constituency initially with the
> ICANN-accredited registrars (BTW, not only the 5 testbed, but all the 30+
> accredited - see: http://www.icann.org/REGIS.html, and the list is not
> up-to-date).
> We could then discuss on when and how to broaden the definition.
>
> What I see as a priority for broadening the definition, is not the inclusion
> of "subregistrars", but the Registrars who do not do business in gTLDs (and
> therefore are not interested in being accredited), but do business in one or
> more ccTLDs.
>
> As far as Gene Marsh's issue:
>
>         Interesting, but what constituancy covers additional registrars for
>         new TLDs as they become available?  ICANN has specifically
> designated
>         the 5 and future registrars for .com, .net and .org.  Hmmmm.
>
> I assume that ICANN's accreditation process will be put in place for
> registration in the future gTLDs as well.
> This should therefore not be a problem. Accredited registrars for *any* gTLD
> will qualify.
>
> Regards
> Roberto

Jeffrey A. Williams