Re: constituency formation

Eather and all,

  You guess it's bottom-up?  You don't know??  Hummm?  Interesting
comment to be sure...  Esther, as the chair of the ICANN interim Board
you should KNOW, not guess...  If you don't know, than the right answer
is "I don't know but I will find out."  As an old friend/school chum of BIll
Gates,
you of all people should know this, Esther.....

  An observation.  Many are beginning to wonder if the ICANN Interim
board knows the difference between "Bottom-up" and "Top-down"
in general....  (BTW, I will leave the translation to your own imagination/
devices)

Esther Dyson wrote:

> I guess you could say it's bottom-up.  But please do post any announcements
> to the icann site.
>
> Esther
>
> At 10:08 AM 04/04/99 -0400, Michael Sondow wrote:
> >Rick H. Wesson a écrit:
> >>
> >> where are the discussions taking place about the formation of the various
> >> constituencys?
> >
> >I'm not very sure, myself, Rick. There have been notices of
> >conferences in New Zealand and Canada, for the business and
> >trademarks people. As to the ISPs, registries, TLDs, and
> >non-commercial, your guess is as good as mine. But we can be certain
> >they are organizing. Unfortunately, as usual, ICANN's done nothing
> >to facilitate this important activity, so it's very disorganized.
> >Roberto Gaetano suggested using the DNSO.org website as a
> >coordination center, which seemed like a good idea, but then a
> >dampener was thrown over that when someone (Amadeu?) said it had
> >been givent to ICANN. Then ICANN said they weren't ready to maintain
> >it, so ...phut!
> >
> >Looks like we'll all find out in Berlin, as a big surprise, who's
> >been organizing what.
> >

> Esther Dyson                    Always make new mistakes!
> chairman, EDventure Holdings
> interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
> edyson@edventure.com
> 1 (212) 924-8800
> 1 (212) 924-0240 fax
> 104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
> New York, NY 10011 USA
> http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org
>
> High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
> PC Forum: March 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
> Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894