Re: ICANN language translation

At 06:43 AM 3/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>These translators are doing all this pro bono for their own communities, I
>assume?  That is definitely the appropriate bottom-up approach, and
>unfortunately the only one ICANN can afford.
>
>Esther Dyson

Yes, the plan is definitely that translators would volunteer.

Just to clarify: no translators have yet stepped forward, and we don't have any particular people in mind. Anyone who can perform this service is welcome to join the project.

-A.
Antoun Nabhan            * "To understand privacy, one must first
anabhan@law.harvard.edu  * understand shame"      - Janna Malamud-Smith
Berkman Center for       * Register for "Privacy in Cyberspace":
 Internet & Society      *    http://eon.law.harvard.edu/privacy