Re: A Registrar Constituency for the ICANN DNSO

Ivan Pope wrote:

[most lists deleted, as well as individuals in orginal message. CORE bcc'd]

> Dear Internet Community,
>
> Following on from the ICANN meeting in Singapore and the release today of
> the draft bylaw changes (http://www.icann.org/dnsobylaws.html) to allow for
> the the Supporting Organisations to be formed, I would like to bring
> together all parties interested in forming up the Registrar Constituency for
> the DNSO.
>
> As there is currently no formal definition of a Registrar, it is obviously
> open to all. I would expect us to form up a group to discuss what a
> definition would be and to aim to be an initial constituency of the DNSO, as
> set out below.
>
> I am happy to receive direct expressions of interest for this project. I
> have also set up a mailing list for it at eGroups. Depending on who turns up
> we will need help to organise this constituency.You can join by sending an
> e-mail to icannregistrars-subscribe@egroups.com

Hi Ivan,

As you might guess, both Nominalia (as a registrar) and CORE (as an
association of registrars) are indeed highly interested in this topic and
welcome your initiative.

And well, I guess subsribing to yet another mailinglist would not harm ;-))

Amadeu