Re: California meeting March 18; was Re: Chopped liver no more! Was Re: do we want......?

How many?

At 06:39 AM 2/15/99 -0500, Esther Dyson wrote:
>Ellen, yes, it was an accident. WHy on earth should we conspire against
>California?
>
>I am still working on my schedule, but please figure on Thursday evening,
>probably between Palo Alto and San Francisco.  ANyone know of someone who
>could lend us some space?
>
>Esther
>
>At 02:51 AM 15/02/99 -0800, Ellen Rony wrote:
>>Thank you for your willingness to meet independently, despite what must be
>>very crowded schedule.  I will be delighted to serve as the point person
>>for this   meeting on March 18, at a time and place of your choosing.  I
>>know a few members of this list also live in the Bay Area, but perhaps
>>anyone interested in joining us can send me a private message.
>>
>>That said, it is hard to believe that ALL the IFWP and ICANN meetings have
>>bypassed California by accident.  And much as I welcome this opportunity to
>>meet with you (and others) on March 18, I would like to meet the other
>>board members as well, and I wish they would hold a meeting in the state
>>where ICANN is incorporated.
>>
>>>Ellen,
>>>
>>>As you know, these things are pretty random, with sometimes unfortunate
>>>side-effects.  And I  know this is not a solution (just an amelioration) but
>>>I'd be happy to meet with you (and whomever you can round up) the next time
>>>I'm in California, on March 18, if you can find your way to San Francisco.
>>>FWIW, I'll be coming in from the IETF meeting in Minneapolis.
>>>
>>>Esther

>>>Esther Dyson                    Always make new mistakes!
>>>chairman, EDventure Holdings
>>>interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
>>>edyson@edventure.com
>>>1 (212) 924-8800
>>>1 (212) 924-0240 fax
>>>104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
>>>New York, NY 10011 USA
>>>http://www.edventure.com
>>>
>>>PC Forum:  21 to 24 March 1999, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
>>>High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
>>>Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"
>>

>>Ellen Rony                                                          Co-author
>>The Domain Name Handbook                        http://www.domainhandbook.com
>>============================     //          ================================
>>ISBN 0879305150                *="  ____ /                  +1 (415) 435-5010
>>erony@marin.k12.ca.us             \     )                         Tiburon, CA
>>               On the Internet,    //  \\    no one knows you're a dog
>>"Strategic planning is worthless unless there is strategic
>>vision."(J.Naisbitt)
>>

>Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
>chairman, EDventure Holdings
>interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
>edyson@edventure.com
>1 (212) 924-8800
>1 (212) 924-0240 fax
> [...]

Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
                       KISS ... gotta love it!