Re: [dnso.discuss] Re: do we want to have constituency meetings in singapore next month?

Esther Dyson a écrit:

> Maybe there should be a meeting *about* constituencies, as opposed to
> necessarily *of* constituencies.

That will undoubtedly be one of the points discussed in any DNSO
meeting that is held.

> Even the Paris draft suggests that there will be constituencies, just that
> they will not be pre-defined

All the difference in the world. The WMB draft uses pre-defined
constituencies to exclude people from the membership (those who
aren't members of some other DNS-related organization) and give
certain organizations (those with trademarked brand-names) an
excessive weight on the Names Council, which it then exalts into an
independent policy-making organization within the DNSO.

Kilnam Chon is simply confused, I think. Having been a participant
in long and heated discussions at Monterrey and elsewhere about
constituencies, he probably accepts them as a matter of course. But
he should realize that a meeting of anything that smacks of
exclusionary "constituencies" is anathema to an international
meeting to discuss the formation of a DNSO.