Re: [dnso.discuss] Re: do we want to have constituency meetings in singapore next month?

Einar Stefferud a écrit:

> I am opposed to leaving the effort to meld the two drafts till a face
> to face meeting cna be helad one day before the ICANN BoD plans to
> select something.

You're right. Too much pressure, under which people will be tempted
to make compromises they might not be happy with later.

> There will be no time to get community reactions to any compromise
> meld, so it will have dubious credentials at best.

That, too, of course. If the Washington draft has no problem with a
closed merger, the Paris draft should.

> So, we shodul be working more diligently on the net to resolve the
> differences well before the SG meeting!

If they're resolvable. But the purpose of this isn't to throw out
important points just because someone else doesn't agree with them,
and end up with a draft that says nothing.