RE: Draft New Draft

Kent,

Thanks for the useful message.  Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that
Freedonia has an intellectual property right in the .FD TLD, because of
usage.  That's the argument you've made below, if I'm not mistaken -- that
because .FD has become associated with Freedonia through use of the DNS
addressing system, Freedonia now has become very clearly identified with
.FD, and therefore essentially "owns" it.

*IF* that were true, would these things follow?

a) NSI would therefore own .COM, .NET, and .ORG?

b) A registration by an individual or company in .FD could be revoked by the
Freedonian authorities on no basis other than their ownership?  Or are there
some limits to be placed on the Freedonian ownership?

Antony