Re: Useful Comments Re: DNSO process and Drafts submitted to ICANN

In message <001401be52fb$9ddc9320$0100000a@jbr>, "John B. Reynolds" writes:
> Michael Sondow wrote:
> >
> > Einar Stefferud a écrit:
> >
> > > I agree with this concern, and I suggest that the initial membership
> > > be defined in some other more well defined way.  One suggestion that
> > > makes sense to me is "Anyone with a DNS Zone file to administer" to be
> > > used to elect an INITIAL Names Council
> >
> > Yes, of course you would suggest this, since it puts ORSC into
> > the driver's
> > seat. Everyone else, who doesn't administer DNS zone files, will have
> > another, very different suggestion about how the NC will be elected. And
> > Einar Stefferud won't nevessarily be their NC chairman.
> >

> How would this give control to ORSC?  Every domain name holder directly or
> indirectly administers a DNS zone file.  Are you sure you're not confusing
> "DNS zone" with "root zone"?

There is write permission to a zone file, but many can have it.

I prefer the "Administrative Contact" of a zone.

There are multiple levels of zone files. Root, TLD, Second Levels
within the TLDS. Third and more levels within SLwTLD.

Which ones are we thinking of?

el