RE: Don't Take Their Word For It!

At 04:02 PM 2/6/99 +0100, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>Wiliam Walsh:
>> On 06-Feb-99 Javier SOLA wrote:
>> > <snip>

>> The WITSA (or DNSO.org/INTA) Draft application is at:
>> http://www.witsa.org/press/domainapp.htm
>>
>> The Paris Application (Supported by CENTR, RIPE, IATLD, APTLD, directly by
>> number of ccTLD registries, ORSC, AIP, and others) :
>> http://dnso.association.org/
>>
>According to information posted on the
>http://dnso.association.org/organisations.html Web page, as today this draft
>is supported by AIP, NSI, ORSC, DNRC, ISP/C, ICIIU.
>The Web site shows no evidence of the support by CENTR, RIPE, IATLD, APTLD
>(although I personally see this draft as a good draft, and I expect most
>registries to explicitely support it in the next days).
>Let me state that, even if this draft is focused on Registries, the
>Registries have done a huge effort in smoothing up their initial position to
>meet the needs of other constituencies.
>While this text may not be 100% endorsable by everybody, it is a very good
>starting point for the final convergence into a single document for the
>whole Internet.
>
>> The lists currently active with DNSO discussions :
>>

>What is striking, is the number of lists.
>Can't we have two relevant lists, one per relevant draft, where to
>concentrate the discussion?

I agree, but unfortunately it isn't politically possible.

>Of course, the lists should be open to "the other camp".
>I start being really sick of having multiple copies of the same message, and
>to have to monitor different lists for the same subject (on top of the other
>lists I am subscribing for other reasons).

I would hope that this is a temporary situation. I also hope that Amadeu is
happy, he has his multiple lists.<grin> Really, observing the
socio-political dynamics of these entire debates, over the past two years,
has been quite enlightening. Right now I am researching how to build an
exploder-list that would filter out the duplicates and provide consolidated
two-way content. The current situation is wearing out my delete-key, on a
keyboard that already has enough problems. (Anyone have a "short" Northgate
keyboard available, even used? These new ones suk [no feel].)

Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
                       KISS ... gotta love it!