Re: sovereignty meaning attached to domain names -Reply -Reply

>>> Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el@linux.lisse.na> 01/28/99 02:07pm >>>
In message
<001101be4af0$a1665fc0$85f526cf@AVCLaptop.interport.net>,
"Antony Van Couvering" writes:

>> This is lunacy.  ccTLDs are not "toys" of anyone.  Where on earth is
>> this idea coming from?

Guilty :-S

>Tactics.

>Throw a bone to governments, so they keep out of gTLDs?

That's part of my idea.  The other part is this:  governments tend not to
understand the DNS.  Or the Internet generally.  And yes, though many of
these "toys" have tremendous value attached to them, the ways in
which domains like .io, .to, .tm and so on reminds one very strongly of
simple gamesmanship.

Kevin J. Connolly
Attorney and Counselor at Law
Robinson, Silverman, Pearce, Aronsohn & Berman, LLP
1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10104
Voice  (212) 541-1066
Fax (212) 541-1346
www.cybersharque.com
Verbum sapientiae satis est; encyclopedia gikae non est satis;
quiconcque est tuum?
This communication is not legal advice.
If it were legal advice, it would come with an invoice.