RE: Attendance at the 22 January meeting

Chris,

You asked:

> Image Online Design has arranged for a representative
> at the DNSO.ORG meeting on 22 January. Would someone
> please advise where the meeting is, and the times, so
> that arrangements may be finalized?

Chris, I promise I will tell you as soon as I know myself.
For the time being, it seems to be inside the Beltway, on 1999-01-22 (I
assume the whole day).

> It is my understanding that the list of organizers is rather
> lengthy, and it is also my understanding that most of
> them participate on one or more of the lists to which
> this message has been posted.

I am a participant to all four the lists you address, I will forward to all
of them.

> Additionally, as the longest-standing prospective
> registry, Image Online Design would appreciate
> participation in the organization of this meeting as well
> as future meetings of an open nature. Of course,
> if this is a closed meeting, would someone please
> say so?

The meeting is not closed, but is jointly organized by DNSO.ORG and ICC.
This fact has two major consequences:

1. Only a subset of DNSO.ORG is participating to the practical organization
of the meeting, for reasons that any of you that has been involved with
negotiations will easily understand.

2. The venue is not under complete control of DNSO.ORG.

Nevertheless, let me add that, had IOD decided earlier in the game to give
it a try and join DNSO.ORG, IOD would have been very likely one of the
organizers of this meeting (with the caveat that it is a joint organization,
as I said before) and any other DNSO.ORG meeting.
Pretty much what had been offered to ORSC, but Stef refused in MTY.

> I would request a response by COB Thursday, 7
> January.

I assume you mean PST, which gives me in Europe some extra 9 hours ;>).
Jokes apart, I am confident to be able to meet the deadline.

Looking forward to see you in DC ("you" meaning of course Chris, but also
all of the other readers that can afford the trip).
Roberto