RE: [ifwp] IS it time for a new DNSO?

At 03:40 AM 12/18/98 , Joe Sims wrote:

>with all due respect, the notion that I have been added to the DNSO lists
>as part of some conspiracy is silly.  I asked to be added to the relevant
>lists solely, and I emphasize solely, to try to be better informed about
>what is happening on this subject.  That is is the same reason I am on
>various other lists, including the IFWP list.  In fact, because of my ICANN
>role, I try to avoid participating on these lists, and simply listen in to
>the discussion.  (Unfortunately, there have been occasions when I could not
>control my fingers, but I am trying hard to eliminate those.)

With respect returned. The issue is not whether your addition to those
lists is justified. The issue is that those lists had controlled entry.
They were restricted. That you were added and others were disallowed was
unconscionable, given the nature of those lists. An open organization is
NOT one that discloses that there are secrets, rather it is one that
discloses those secrets to the world. I believe that this is the main
disconnect you are having with this whole Internet process, you and the
ICANN both.

Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
Who is John Galt?
               - "Atlas Shrugged" - Ayn Rand