RE: [ifwp] Re: Proposal for a new ORSC/DNSO project

On 05-Dec-98 Roberto Gaetano wrote:
> What I can argue, OTOH, is your affirmation of the fact that "the group"
> [CORE?] made "bad decisions such as the attempt to hijack the root after the
> Washington meeting".
> I attended the Washington meeting, and nobody even spoke about doing a
> sillyness like that, let alone decide it.
> Maybe somebody knew this was going to happen - maybe somebody was even
> planning it in that very moment (who? do you have any names in mind?) - but
> I don't see the basis for your claim that CORE planned it.
> Also, the action plan was voted point by point (remember the discussion on
> point 6, then amended by the Members?), and nowhere there was even a hint at
> actions like the one you mention.

I saw the messages on the list planning this very thing.  There was talk of
indemnifying IANA/Postel to provide an incentive to encourage him to do just
that on CORE's behalf.

You call it sillyness.  I have to agree, it was.

Buy deny there was no serious talk about doing so is even more silly.

William X. Walsh (WXW7/WW1506)| TJ Network Services - The .TJ NIC
Network Operations            | http://tjns.tj / http://nic.tj
william@tjns.tj/william@nic.tj| Domain Names, DNS, Email,
+1-(209)-493-6144             | DynamicDNS & Web Hosting Services
Date: 04-Dec-98 / Time: 17:09:19